• Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative

  • Authorizing a representative When you authorize a representative, you are letting that person represent you for income tax matters at the level of authorization you specify, for the tax year or years you indicate. Income tax matters include issues related to information on your tax return. If your representative contacts us, we will ask him or her for identification. After we confirm your representative's identity and that he or she is listed as your representative on your account, we will ask for specific information relating to any of the following:
    • your name, address, date of birth, and social insurance number
    • your notice of assessment or notice of reassessment
    • your tax return
    • other tax documents
    You can authorize more than one representative. However, you must complete a separate Form T1013 for each account and representative. You can add or change information about an existing representative through My Account at canada.ca/my-cra-account or by completing a new Form T1013.
  • Part 1 – Taxpayer account information

  • Enter your account number and your name. If you are an individual, enter either your social insurance number (SIN), temporary tax number (TTN), or individual tax number (ITN). Otherwise, enter your trust account number.
  • Part 2 – Representative information and authorization

  • Section A – Authorize online access for all tax years (if registered in Represent a Client) By completing Section A, you are authorizing your representative to deal with the CRA through our online services, by telephone and in writing. Your representative will have access to all tax years online. For trust accounts, your representative will have access to all tax years available to them but with no online access. If you have a "care of" address on your account, we will send you a letter asking you to call the CRA to authorize the online access. To avoid a delay, use My Account's "Authorize my representative". Section B Authorize access by telephone and in writing By completing Section B, you are authorizing your representative to deal with the CRA only by telephone and in writing. Levels of authorization There are 2 levels of authorization. These levels control the amount of access your representative gets. Note If you do not specify a level of authorization, we will assign level 1. Level 1 Disclose Your representative can make payment arrangements for you. We may also disclose information to your representative such as:
    • information given on your T1 Income Tax and Benefit Return or your T3 Trust Income Tax and Information Return
    • adjustments to your T1 Income Tax and Benefit Return or your T3 Trust Income Tax and Information Return
    • information about your registered retirement savings plan, Home Buyers' Plan, tax-free savings account and Lifelong Learning Plan
    • your accounting information, including balances, payment on filing, and instalments or transfers
    • information about your CRA-administered benefits and credits (Canada child benefit, goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax credit, and working income tax benefit)
    • your marital status (but not information related to your spouse or common-law partner)
    Level 2 Disclose and request changes We may disclose the information listed in level 1 and allow changes to your return(s) and your account, including adjustments to:
    • income
    • deductions
    • non-refundable tax credits
    • accounting transfers.
    Your representative can request remittance vouchers for you. Your representative can submit a request for taxpayer relief or file a notice of objection or an appeal for you. Your representative will not be allowed to change any of the following: • address • marital status • direct deposit information • pre-authorized debit agreement
  • Section A

  • The Person you are authorizing for online access for all tax years (including access by telephone and in writing):
    • First Name: Kyle
    • Last Name: Wilson
    • Rep ID: LL3P5J8
  • Part 3 – Authorization expiry date

  • Enter an expiry date for the authorization given in Section A or B of Part 2 if you want the authorization to end at a particular time.
  • Date Format: YYYY slash MM slash DD
  • Part 4 – Cancel your representative(s)

  • You can cancel your representative(s) using My Account at canada.ca/my-cra-account, by calling 1-800-959-8281, or by completing parts 1, 4, and 5 of this form. An authorization stays in effect until you cancel it, it reaches the expiry date you choose, or we are notified of your death. Your representative can also immediately cancel their own authorization using Represent a client at canada.ca/taxes- representatives, or by making a request by telephone or in writing. To cancel more than one representative, but not all representatives, attach another sheet.a
  • Part 5 – Signature and date

  • To protect your confidential tax information, we will not accept or act on any information given on this form unless you or a legal representative has signed and dated this form. Your responsibilities It is your responsibility to monitor and understand the transactions your representative completes on your behalf, and to make sure that the information for your representative is current. You can view your transactions using My Account. The CRA often adds new online services that your representative can access. It is your responsibility to review these services and decide if your representative should still be authorized to represent you. If you feel your representative is not acting in your best interest, you should immediately remove their access to your information. By Signing this form you are confirming you have read the entire disclosure agreement under the heading "Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative" and agree to all terms and conditions within.

  • For a list of available services, go to canada.ca/taxes- representatives.

    Give your representative instant access to your information online using "My Account." Go to canada.ca/cra-login-services and log in. On the "Welcome" page, select "Authorize my representative". Why do you need to complete this form? As an individual or trust, your account information is confidential. You need to complete this form if you want the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to deal with another person (such as your spouse or common- law partner, other family member, friend, or accountant) who would act as your representative for income tax matters. You or your legal representative must complete and sign this form. The CRA will process completed forms only. What is a legal representative? A legal representative is an executor or administrator of the taxpayer's estate, someone with a power of attorney, guardian, or trustee or custodian for trust accounts. That person does not need to complete this form to be updated as a legal representative on the taxpayer's account, but he or she must send a complete copy of the legal document giving him or her the authority to act in that capacity to the appropriate tax centre. Can you use this form for your business accounts? No. For business number accounts, use Form RC59, Business consent for offline access. Do you need more information? If you have questions about how to complete this form, call 1-800-959-8281. Teletypewriter (TTY) users TTY users can call 1-800-665-0354 for bilingual assistance during regular business hours. You can view, add, modify, or cancel your authorized representatives online using My Accountantcanada.ca/my-cra-account. Your representative will have instant access to your information and online services to easily manage your account. To immediately cancel a representative, call us at 1-800-959-8281.

Contact Me Your Way.

Apply Online
Text Me
Facebook PM
Book Appointment

Contact Me Your Way.

Kyle Wilson, MBI | Kelowna Mortgage Broker

Kelowna North

1740 Hayashi Road Kelowna BC V1P 1B2

Kelowna South

Century Place: 347 Leon Avenue Suite 210 Kelowna BC V1Y 8C7

Direct: 250.869.7880
Email: mail@kylewilson.ca
Web: KyleWilson.ca